Greenville, SC Domestic Violence Attorneys
CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEYS IN GREENVILLE
At FR Law, our Greenville domestic violence lawyers understand how difficult domestic violence situations are in our clients’ daily lives, and how taxing it can be to defend your position without an experienced domestic violence defense attorney by your side.
Often, when someone is arrested for the threat of violence or physical violence, they’re presumed guilty in the court of public opinion, before they even appear before a judge, which is unfair but potentially damaging to their professional and personal livelihood.
Our Greenville legal team is dedicated to helping you navigate the legal process, so you can narrate your side of the story, while we present the key evidence required to support your innocence, or negotiate the best possible outcome for your unique circumstances when your criminal charges can’t be dismissed altogether.
Domestic violence convictions have life-threatening consequences that can negatively affect your future. Our Greenville criminal defense attorneys are ready to help you pursue positive outcomes. To schedule a free and confidential initial consultation, contact our Greenville criminal defense law firm today at (864) 668-1661.
What are the Common Defenses Against Domestic Violence Claims?
- Lack of evidence. A lack of adequate evidence is one defense against domestic violence claims. A person can’t be convicted if there isn’t sufficient evidence to prove that they committed domestic violence.
- Self-defense. This defense strategy is an effective way to fight a domestic violence claim. An experienced trial attorney can prove that there was imminent harm, and you had no choice but to defend yourself.
- Falsely accused. In child custody battles of divorce cases, it’s common for some spouses to file domestic violence charges out of desperation and anger. An experienced attorney can help you find inconsistencies in the plaintiff’s claims.
- It was an accident. This defense strategy is rarely successful. Your experienced attorney can prove that the act wasn’t intentional or malicious, but an accident.
- The violence was minor. Your Greenville domestic violence attorney can prove that the bodily harm inflicted was very minor and shouldn’t be considered a criminal act.
How Can a Skilled Domestic Violence Defense Lawyer Help?
At FR Law, our Greenville domestic violence lawyers focus on the unique details of each case we represent. Our team of attorneys will examine the:
- Law enforcement officers’ handling of your arrest and the charging requirements, such as getting a copy of a 911 call and a complete police report.
- Witness testimonies and statements for accuracy.
- Alleged victim’s bodily harm and medical evaluation
- Inconsistencies in any damage at the scene and the allegations against you.
- Past incidents of violence, when applicable.
- Whether the prosecutor can prove the case against you beyond, he said-she said.
Domestic violence cases are very emotional, which may cause the alleged victim to provide exaggerated statements to the responding police officers, or a biased approach causing an arrest that had very little evidence to support the claims.
"FR Law is my go-to crew."
Chris Fedalei is one of the most trustworthy people I know. For any general legal questions, he’s been straight and helped me get in touch with the person who could help me most. I haven’t needed legal representation in South Carolina (yet), but FR Law is my go-to crew.- David
"You will be pleased with the attention to detail."
Chris is a top-notch attorney and an all-around good person. If you enlist him and his firm to make a claim for you, you will be pleased with the attention to detail, as well as the attention to your own experience throughout the matter.- Jackson
"It's a 5 star review for me."
I had such a great experience with FR Law. I fully recomend their Legal Services, they are indeed a strong and reliable firm, and also provided a very personal treatment during my entire debacle. It's a 5 star review for me.- Tania
"FR Law are the lawyers to call!"
I’ve worked with Chris and his team for a hot minute and have watched him win countless trials time after time for his clients. He’s progressive, genuinely cares about people with his big heart, and I know personally that this team means business. I couldn’t think of a better and more genuine group of lawyers to best represent any person. FR Law are the lawyers to call!- Savannah
"Kind, Generous and Hard-Working Attorneys"Alex is a fantastic attorney! Very knowledgeable and passionate about doing what’s best for his clients. I would recommend FR Law (Alex and Chris) to anyone who is looking for kind, generous and hard working attorneys on their side!- Lustra
"I highly recommend Alex to anyone that is facing criminal charges."
I was very satisfied with Alex Reid’s performance in handling my case. He made himself readily available any time I needed him to handle something regarding my case. He went above and beyond to ensure the best outcome possible. He was also helpful in answering any questions I had pertaining to my case. I felt like he truly cared about the outcome of my case and treated me with respect and honesty throughout the entire process. He followed through on everything he said he was going to do. I highly recommend Alex to anyone that is facing criminal charges. Sometimes good people find themselves facing negative situations, and Alex understands that. Alex made the entire process extremely smooth, and as soon as I retained his services, I felt at peace with what the outcome would be for my case.- Taylor
"I highly recommend this law firm!"
Chris and his team were extremely thorough helping me when I needed it most. They are very professional and committed to providing you with the best experience possible. I highly recommend this law firm!- Alexsander